When Bella and Edward come together, both having pasts filled with hurt and despair, what can they really expect?

Monday, May 23, 2011

Chapter Six

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight or any of its characters. They all belong to Stephenie Meyer.

Thanks to Juliegirl18 for beta'ing. Thanks to Bella's Executioner and sariedee for pre-reading. And thanks to MandyLeigh87 for helping me out with a few things.

And now for another quick glimpse at what's happening in present time...

BPOV


I reached into the back seat, grabbing my purse before getting out of the car. As I got out, I glanced around the parking lot. There didn't seem to be too many people here at this time of the day. Ms. Johnson, the older lady that worked at the library, slowly walked across the lot toward her fancy Cadillac. A teenage boy wearing the bright blue uniform polo was gathering carts from the corral. Hopefully I could get through this trip without any annoying altercations. The last time I was here I had to leave my cart in the middle of the aisle after Mrs. Mallory bombarded me with way too many questions.

I quickly walked inside and grabbed a shopping cart, placing my purse in the front. I made my way over to the produce. I grabbed some tomatoes, lettuce and celery and placed them into the cart. They would be great for a quick salad one night.

Before I knew it, I'd grabbed avocados. I had several of them bagged and ready to be put in the cart. I hated avocados. He loved avocados. I had no need to buy them, so I tossed them back on the display with the others. Stupid fruit, with your stupid almost black skin and your stupid pit that requires special removal. You taste horrible and make me sick. Fuck you avocados!

I walked down the aisle of the frozen food section, grabbing a few frozen dinners for those nights I didn't feel like cooking at all, which happened to be a lot lately. Thinking along those lines I decided to toss a few more into the cart. Who wouldn't want to dine on some breaded chicken with gravy and green beans? Or how about some lasagna with meat sauce?

On the cereal aisle, I grabbed the one box of cereal that I liked. The healthy one. Not the three boxes of sugar filled waste because he can't decide whether he wants cookies, marshmallows or sugar coated flakes.

In the dairy section, I grabbed the half gallon of low fat milk because the full gallon of whole milk would be wasted on just me. I had no need to drink a large glass of milk every night before bed and preferred the low fat rather than the full fat version.

I carefully placed my groceries on the belt and wait for the cashier to ring me up. She glanced at me and there was the first look of pity for the day. That was why I hated going anywhere nowadays. Everyone looked at me with pity and sadness. I didn't want them to look at me at all. I wanted to be able to walk into the store like any normal person. I only wanted people to stare at me when I tripped over something and fell flat on my ass, not when I was forced to buy them smaller package of sliced cheese because the larger one would go bad before I had a chance to eat it all.

I grabbed one of the gossip magazines and flipped through a few pages before tossing it on the belt with the food. It seemed like Hollywood's "It" couple was doomed. Who isn't nowadays? If he was here, he would have ragged me about reading the trashy gossip and put the magazine back on the rack.

But he's not here, so I grabbed two more and placed them with my groceries and moved to pay the cashier. I was looking forward to a night filled with reading about celebrities lives. God knows nothing will ever be written about mine unless its a tragedy.

When the young girl told me how much I owed her, I was surprised that the amount was so low. I've realized that buying groceries for one person rather than two is saving me a lot of money.

I should probably thank him for that, but for some reason I can't find it in my heart to do so.

A/N: Before you complain about the chapter length, remember in the first a/n I said that Bella's chapters would be shorter and probably vague. More will come out the further we get into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment