When Bella and Edward come together, both having pasts filled with hurt and despair, what can they really expect?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapter Twelve

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight or any of its characters. They all belong to Stephenie Meyer.

Thanks as usual go to Juliegirl18, Bella's Executioner, Sariedee and MandyLeigh87.

And here we have another look at what Bella is up to in present day...

BPOV


Fighting with the lock on the door again, I finally got the key in and turned it, releasing the latch. I had been begging him to fix the lock or at least talk to the super about it, but of course that was another thing he'd failed to do.

I pushed my way into the apartment and placed the bags I had been holding on the counter. Thankfully one of the other tenants in the building was able to help me bring the bags to my door or I would have been making multiple trips up and downstairs unloading groceries from my car.

I casually glanced around the apartment. It was empty as usual. I don't know why that surprised me. I should have been used to it by now, but I wasn't. Every day I would come home and expect to see him lounging around on the couch playing one of his damn video games or channel surfing, but every day the couch was empty and the television was off.

I emptied all the bags, placing everything in the cabinets where it belonged and the perishable items in the refrigerator. Standing in the open door of the fridge, I decided to make a quick salad.

I pulled the vegetables from the drawer and grabbed the dressing, placing it all on the counter. I methodically began to make my nightly meal.

I shredded the lettuce, just enough for me, and placed it in the small bowl. I sliced up the rest of the vegetables and placed them on top of the lettuce. Grabbing my bowl and a bottle of water, I made my way into the living room.

Flipping through the channels, I finally settled on watching American Idol. I could imagine exactly what he would say about this season of one of our favorite reality shows.

"There's some real talent on here this year, Bella, but I'll be damned if I don't miss Simon. He was one funny, but truthful fucker."

After watching a few dreadful performances and a couple of decent ones, I decided it was time to head to bed. I walked into the bathroom, stripping myself along the way, and turned on the shower, adjusting the temperature.

Stepping inside, I let the water run down my body. I turned to let the water run down my face so I couldn't tell whether it was the water or the tears running down my cheeks.

I finished up with my shower and dressed in some comfortable pajamas. Making myself comfortable in the large bed, I reached over to the night stand and grabbed the phone.

"Hey," I said. My heart had begun to beat erratically as it did every night during these few minutes.

"Hello, Bella."

"Anything new?"

"I'm afraid not, Sweetheart."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Goodnight." The line went dead and I hung up the phone. Placing it back on the night stand, I reached over and shut off the lamp.

I settled myself down further in the bed and rested my head on my pillow. Turning on my left side, I faced the empty space beside me. I reached a hand out and placed it on the pillow where his head should be resting.

"Goodnight, Edward."

No comments:

Post a Comment